Franklin Elementary Book Fair
Dear Franklin Parents, Teachers, and Students,
We are so excited to bring this new, modified book fair to you in these strange and trying times. Below we’ve outlined some FAQ’s for you, but if there’s anything you’re wondering that we’ve missed, please feel free to call The Frugal Frigate during business hours at (909) 793-0740 or email email@example.com
The book fair will run from Monday 11/30/20 to Tuesday 12/8/20 for a total of 9 days. When making your purchases in-store, please be sure to let us know before we ring you up that it’s for the Book Fair so we can code the sale correctly to the school.
We will also be offering a private extended hour evening for Franklin folks on Thursday 12/3/20. We will be staying open an additional hour (until 7pm) for your shopping convenience.
Regular Store Hours
Mondays 10 – 6
Tuesdays 10 – 6
Wednesdays 10 – 6 (extended to 7:00 for McKinley on 12/3)
Thursdays 10 – 6
Fridays 10 – 6
Saturdays 10 – 5
Sundays 11 – 3
We look forward to seeing you!
- Can I shop in-store? YES! We encourage you to come visit us at our physical store to see the full selection of books available. Masks are required for all persons coming into the store over 2 years of age, and we will be sure to monitor the number of groups in the store at a time for social distancing.
- What items in the store are eligible for the book fair? EVERYTHING! If it’s on our shelves, you may purchase it and it will count towards the book fair proceeds for your school.
- Can I order online? NO. Please do not order through our storefront on Bookshop.org. We have no way of tracking the sales for the book fair as this is a third party website. Any sales made via Bookshop.org will not be counted towards the book fair total for the school proceeds.
- Then how to I order virtually without coming into the store? Please feel free to browse our recommendation lists, which are listed below, and we also have staff favorites on our storefront page at https://bookshop.org/shop/frugalfrigate Then when you’ve made your selections, you can call us at the store to place your order OR email info@frugalfrigate with your order list. Please be sure to include your full name and phone number so that we can contact you to confirm your order and obtain your payment information. Please do not send credit card or financial info in email for your own security.
- I noticed that the prices of the books on Bookshop are slightly less than the list price. What price will I be paying for the books? Bookshop.org charges shipping. They are a direct distributor-to-home fulfillment service, and the small discount you see on the website offsets the shipping cost you would pay. When you order to the store directly, we absorb any freight costs associated with ordering. Therefore just as it’s always been in the store, the list price (which is set by the publisher and noted in red on Bookshop.org) is the price of the book.
- Woah! I saw a recommendation list on your storefront that is for adult fiction and non-fiction – does that count towards the book fair? ABSOLUTELY! If there’s a book you want for yourself, by all means include it in your list and we’re happy to order for you.
- If I don’t come in and purchase in-store, when will I get my books? All orders will be collected throughout the book fair period (November 30 to December 8). We will do our best to order your books throughout the fair and call you when they’re in (typically 2-3 days from ordering) but please note that due to demand and volume, orders may be placed at the conclusion of the fair and available the week after the 13th.
- How will I get my books? There are a few options: We offer in-store pickup, curbside pickup, and delivery to your child’s classroom. Mrs. Lowe has graciously offered to pick up special orders and bring them to the classrooms. If you prefer to pick up at the store, once you have been notified that your order is in and ready for pickup, just give us a call during business hours when you’re headed down to pick up your order. You may park curbside and call us, or even pull into the alley by our front door and we can run your order out to you. You may also come into the store to pick them up if you wish. Masks and social distancing rules noted above apply.
- Do you ship? You betcha. We ship Media Mail via the USPS and if you have friends or family out of state that would like to support your school, they may also place orders within the book fair time frame.
Here’s some recommendations to get your imagination going! These links are private and can only be accessed via clicking below, they are not visible on our main storefront page.
- Picture Books Click Here For Picture Book Recommendations List
- Early Chapter Books (Grades 1 – 3) Click Here for Grades 1 – 3 Recommendations List
- Chapter Books/Young Novels and Graphic Novels (Grades 4 – 6) Click Here for Grades 4 – 6 Recommendation List
- Novels and Young Adult Fiction (Grades 7 – 9) Click Here for Grades 7 – 9 Recommendation List